USA Company History
Founding and development of the hubergroup companies
- Merger of the Swiss companies to create Stehlin + Hostag AG in Lachen, Switzerland.
- Dr. Walter Ringer retires and makes way at the helm for the eighth generation of the family. Heiner Ringer is now Chairman of the overall board of directors of the hubergroup.
- Founding of Info-Lab Ltd. in Annacotty, Eire.
- Founding of the MHM Holding GmbH in Dresden, Germany.
1995 - 1997
- Founding of Michael Huber Polska SP.zo.o in Wroclaw.
- Founding of the sales company Michael Huber Hungaria Kft., Budapest, Hungary.
- Acquisition of ATS Color SpA in Bolzano Vicentino, Italy.
- Founding of Michael Huber Bulgaria GmbH in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Takeover of Tipolit s.a. in Sant Boi de Llobregat, Spain.
1998 - 2001
- Acquisition of HST Drukinkten B.V. in Almere, The Netherlands.
- Reorganisation and change of name of E.T. Gleitsmann GmbH & Co.KG to Gleitsmann Security Inks GmbH, Berlin.
- Takeover of the sales company Général Grafic S.A.S. in Mommenheim, France.
- Change of name and relocation of Druckfarben-Verkaufsgesellschaft mbH to Michael Huber Austria GmbH, Fischamend (near Vienna), Austria.
- Founding of Hostmann-Steinberg Sweden AB in Stockholm, Sweden, Hostmann-Steinberg Norge AS in Oslo, Norway and Michael Huber CZ s.r.o. in Dobrejovice (near Prague), Czech Republic.
- Founding of Hostmann-Steinberg Suomi Oy in Vantaa, Finland.
- Founding of the sales company Michael Huber München Türkiye in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Founding of Tipolit Portugal S.A. in Fernao Ferro, Portugal.
- Controlling interest of the hubergroup in Stehlin Hostag Ink UK Ltd in Nottingham, England.
2002 - 2005
- All members of the Huber Group appear under the common hubergroup logo.
- Founding of ATS Chile, HST South Africa and Elfotec Ireland Ltd.
- Renaming of ATS Italia as Huber Italia and ATS Chile as Huber Chile.
- Founding of INK ACADEMY in Munich and Hostmann-Steinberg Asia Bangkok.
- Sale of company Michael Huber Bulgaria GmbH and HST Norge.
- The MGA-factories in Ireland and Munich started working.
- Renaming of Tipolit Portugal as Stehlin + Hostag Portugal.
- Founding of Hostmann-Steinberg RUS in Moscow and Hostmann-Steinberg A/S Denmark.
- Founding of hubergroup China in Hong Kong and Michael Huber Ukraine in Kiev.
2006 - 2008
- Majority holding by the hubergroup in Micro Inks Ltd., India.
- Market launch of Gecko solvent based ink system for Flexo and Gravure Printing.
- Founding of Hostmann-Steinberg Eesti OÜ and Hostmann-Steinberg Australia Pty.
- Sale of Elfotec AG.
- Founding of Michael Huber Printing Ink S.R.L. in Romania, Huber SRB d.o.o. Belgrade, PT Huber Inks Indonesia in Jakarta Utara and Huber Bulgaria EOOD in Sofia.
- Market launch of MAXXIMA Sheet-fed Offset Inks.
- Issue of the first INKFORMATION, in succession of the information brochure formerly known as "Druckfarbenecho".
- Introduction of the "10 Points MGA Guarantee".
- New service department for customer support on print process standardisation.
- Going live of the new corporate website with improved customer information and features.
- Market launch of the mineral oil free and low odour NATURA GA Sheet-fed Offset Inks.
- Market launch of the packaging UV-inks system NewV pack MGA
- Reorganisation of Stehlin+Hostag AG into European UV motherplant and UV competence center for the hubergroup.
- Market launch of the NewV news ink series for UV newsprint/coldset presses
Market launch of the UV universal series NewV maxX
- Founding of hubergroup Colombia S.A.S.
- The North American companies are branded hubergroup by renaming the legal entities in Canada and USA.
- Preparations for further name changes in The United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Switzerland, Turkey and Germany to strengthen the brand hubergroup.
- Merger of the two German legal entities Michael Huber München GmbH and Hostmann-Steinberg GmbH, Celle, followed by immediate renaming to hubergroup Deutschland GmbH